Ten MWT staffs, all travel freaks decided to make the maximum out of the weekend – the first one of May 2012, by having a joint fun outing. The destination chosen based on googling and email discussions, was “Misty Mountains at Kuttikkanam” in Idukki district of central Kerala.
- Aby P Joy [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Aneesh T Joseph [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Deepak [MWT Institute of Health and Management Pvt Ltd, Kadavantra]
- George K Abraham [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Hari [MWT Institute of Health and Management Pvt Ltd, Kadavantra]
- Prasanth [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Sandeep A.R [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Subin Jose [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Subin T Kurian [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
- Vishnu J.R [MWT Education Online Pvt Ltd, Infopark]
The tour party of 10 people necessitated a 14-seat tempo traveler, which traveled through the twisty – curling roads of the beautiful western ghats. The journey started at 4 PM and headed towards ‘Peerumedu’ in kuttikanam. There was about 6 stops for refilling & refreshments in the 150 km (approx) travel which took about 5 hours mainly due to the refilling, refreshment and harthal.The night was spent in a rented resort accompanied by camp fire which added more energy to the tour members.
The next day, the team visited tourist locations such as ‘Parumthumpara and Pine forest’ which was a real treat to the eyes.In the afternoon the team headed towards ‘Madamakulam’ a small waterfall destination which was around 15 kms from Kuttikanam. The team hired 2 Mahindra jeeps to get there as the path was really terrain type and a no go for the new generation cute vehicles. A wonderful off-road drive, and the way to “Madamakulam” was marked with natural beauty along with rich abundance of flora and fauna. After having a shower in the chilled water at “MadamaKulam”, the team set off to Kuttikanam town and from there they moved towards Vagamon.
In Vagamon, the famous “mottakunnu” was visited by the team and wind at Vagamon “mottakunnu” was really refreshing due to its cool and calm nature. After spending some good time over there, the team finally decided to call it a day and returned back home.
Overall the journey provided an ideal platform and opportunity for the MWT staff who work in different departments & locations to know each other and have a great time together. Such trips will really improve the communication, self-respect and mutual understanding among various staffs working in different departments and is sure to refresh the body and mind to come up with new ideas at their workplaces.Note: It was a try-out trip to check the idea & result of such trips, as some of you may think you were not clued-up. We assure you that, you will be notified for the next assignment….. 😉